Flying is fast, convenient and comfortable but it comes at a great cost. As a regular traveler, you must be feeling the pinch of high price of tickets. With consumers still feeling the aftershocks of the 2007/2008 economic meltdown, the situation seems to be getting worse.
However, there is a reprieve today and you can easily get a cheap flight using travel points earned through different reward programs. Surprisingly you do not have to be an expert to book airline tickets using points; a little information is all you need.
Travel Points Explained
In a highly competitive society, different businesses are trying to retain customer trust by awarding their loyalty. One of the most common ways is by giving points in different purchases, which consumers can then redeem for various uses. One such use is of course air travel.
If you are a frequent traveler, there are different options of getting these points. For instance:
- Frequent flier programs: Your favorite airline be it Delta, Qantas or British Airways, recognizes your loyalty. As such, the more you use its services the more points you get. When you stick with this airline, the points will keep accumulating automatically.
- Credit card use rewards: You most probably pay for every purchase you make today using a credit card. These companies recognize that without their customers they will go out of business. As such, they offer points for every purchase you make, which you can then redeem to get cheap flights.
- Travel and hotel booking agencies: It matters not whether you book directly because even agencies have their own reward programs. These programs serve as an encouragement to retain you as a customer. You can redeem your accumulated points for travel.
Juicing the Most out of Travel Reward Programs
You can transfer any points earned on whichever program you choose to get multiple benefits. Although there are different packages depending on the reward program you are using, the benefits you get on redeeming for travel include:
- Point transfer for air travel: Your points will directly go to your airline reward program be it British Airways Executive Program, Korean Air SKYPASS, Singapore Airline KrisFlier among others. You can then get the benefits stated on these programs.
- Jaw dropping discounts on redeeming: Imagine getting 20% off your ticket; amazing, right?
- No blackout dates and restrictions: The best cards offer a flexible package where you do not have to wait for specific days in order to travel.
- Royal perks: If you have always dreamt of flying first class, why not upgrade your seat using travel points?
- Board like a rock star: Have ever wondered why you never see the high and mighty on the queue? They enjoy priority boarding which you can also get by redeeming your points.
If you want to book airline tickets using points, make sure you compare different offers, research keenly on what each reward program is about. Also, read between the lines to ensure redeeming points will not be a hassle.
Who said you have to pay through the nose to travel, get help booking airline tickets using points and fly hassle free.
The Art of Vacationing
Located in Scottsdale, AZ
Monday – Friday
9a.m. – 5p.m. MST
9a.m. – noon MST
Telephone: (480) 629-5559
Fax: (602) 467-3181